Since their inception in 1990, the AdFocus Awards have established themselves as the leading platform for individuals and agencies to be recognised not only for their creative marketing skills, but for their overall business acumen as well. The Awards have grown to become a landmark on the South African marketing and communications landscape, by celebrating advertising effectiveness.
Entries have opened for the following categories:
- Large Advertising Agency of The Year.
- Medium Advertising Agency of the Year.
- Small Advertising Agency of the Year.
- Network Media Agency of the Year.
- Independent Media Agency of the Year.
- Specialist Agency of the Year.
- Public Relations Agency of the Year.
- African Effectiveness Award.
The Overall Agency of the Year will be drawn from the top performers across the individual categories.
This year, the evolution of the AdFocus Awards and the integration of digital into the marketing mix, sees the Digital Agency of the Year category falling away. Pure digital agencies can still enter their work into the Specialist Agency category.
Special awards that will be made in 2019 are:
- Transformation Award
- Partnership of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Industry Leader of the Year
- Student of the Year
- Shapeshifter Award
The Agency Awards are adjudicated on work delivered during the period 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019. Entries close on 6 September 2019.
The Media Awards are adjudicated on work delivered during the period 1 June 2018 to 31 May 2019. Entries close on 30 August 2019.